Macallum Connoisseurs @ Gat Lebuh Macallum, Georgetown, Penang

By : Chha

Macallum Connoisseurs Coffee Company is a coffee business founded by coffee enthusiasts, combining the twist of modern sense into the local culture, the venue is a roastery, cafe, restaurant and academy all under one roof (Source). I came here once, many years ago and at that time, Macallum Connoisseurs is not really well known but it seems like now it is the talk of the town, haha ! I like the food here and also the environment.

Macallum's Coffee Spaghetti RM 22.00




Being located at the heart of Georgetown City, Macallum Connoisseurs does serve some really nice and unique food. I was skeptical when I first saw Macallum's Coffee Spaghetti from their menu, thinking, would it taste weird as I never try mixing any food with coffee before, being the usual-curious me, I ordered and tried. Surprisingly it is tasty, there is some coffee taste to it but it does not overwhelm the entire plate of spaghetti and the dressing that they use are creamy but it does not taste like Carbonara. It is topped with chorizo pork sausage, herbs and creamy coffee dressing, sprinkled with parmesan cheese. I like this plate of Coffee Spaghetti .. !

Potato and Eggs with Bacon RM 17.00


Ever since I visited France, I have always been looking for croissant in Malaysia that can actually match the tastiness of those croissant I have tried in France but it has been disappointing so far. I won’t compare this croissant in Macallum Connoisseurs to those I’ve tried in France, it is only fair to consider it in terms of taste and presentation. Well, the croissant here in Macallum Connoisseurs is good and I like that it is crunchy at the outer layer, it smells good and taste good too. This baked croissant with Macallum house spread topped with frisee, bacon and sunny side up eggs, served with truss tomatoes and grilled potatoes on the side. With all these being added to the croissant, it makes this entire thing taste good.

Green Tea Frappe RM 16.00




Nippy Gelato inside Macallum Connoisseurs is being sold at a separate counter. It is like a add on counter by the side, even the payment are made separately.

Piccolo : 1 scoop + 3 topping RM 13.00
Medio : 2 scoops + 3 topping RM 22.00
Grande : 3 scoops + 3 topping RM 30.00

Add on scoop RM 9.00, Add on topping RM 2.00

The Nippy Gelato here don’t have much choice of flavor there where only around 8 flavors for me to choose from during my time of visit but the flavor they have there is special. Flavor the you can’t find else where.

Menu :









Rating :
Food : 9/10
Environment : 8/10
Service : 8/10
Hygiene : 8/10
Price : 6/10

Operating Hour :
Open Daily
9.00 am - 12.00 am

Address :
No. 1,
Gat Lebuh Macallum,
10300, Georgetown,
Penang.

Website :

GPS Coordinate :
5.407998, 100.331915

Map :


Posted Date : 17 August 2018
Posted Time : 1.29 pm

Comments

Jay Travel

Jay Sports