Balik Pulau Marathon 2018 @ Balik Pulau, Pulau Pinang

By : Chha

I thought that this is not the first time Balik Pulau Marathon is being held here but from what i heard, it is the first time, well, i am proud to be one of the first to join this run event here in Balik Pulau. The Balik Pulau Marathon was suppose to be held on 5 May 2018, but due to Malaysia General Election where early voters went to cast their vote, the Balik Pulau Marathon was postpone to 7 October 2018, lucky for me, i am still able to attend for the run.


Being organize for the first time, I feel that the event is consider as successfully well done, though there may be still some small improvement here and there but I enjoyed myself during the run and after the run.



Balik Pulau is a beautiful place and it is really nice to be able to run along a route where you can see sun rise, paddy field and running through small villages in Balik Pulau. It was raining the night before so the sun rise was not that nice but I still like it. As I run, I can feel the cold morning breeze which is refreshing and the air here is slightly less polluted, haha ! But what I don’t like is, there are some area where cars can actually drive pass us while we run, that is dangerous as the road at Balik Pulau is rather small. Sometimes we might need to stop running just to let the car drive pass us.



This is also the first marathon that I join in Penang where the organizer actually provide food for their participant. One plate of Nasi Lemak and Banana for everyone. Well, it is rare for a marathon in Penang to have this, others do provide drinks but this is the first I saw providing food.



The Medal design look nice and I also like their T-Shirt design too which is Yellow in colour and for Half Marathon runner, there is finisher T-Shirt for everyone who finish their Half Marathon before the cut off time of 4 hours.

Distance Covered

Route Covered

For me, I feel that the route for Balik Pulau Marathon is not easy, especially when running along the paddy field and inside villages as there is no proper tar road there and the ground is soft and damp so I need to push harder just to run my usual pace. This extra effort actually tired me down more compare to running on proper tar road.

Posted Date : 18 October 2018
Posted Time : 11.03 am

Comments

Jay Travel

Jay Sports